Glass skin, a term coined in South Korea, refers to glowing, smooth, and translucent skin that looks like glass. The trend has gained popularity around the world and people are eager to achieve this flawless, radiant look.
Here are a few tips on how to get glass skin:
- Cleanse and exfoliate regularly: The first step towards achieving glass skin is to have a clean and clear base. Cleanse your face twice a day using a gentle cleanser and exfoliate once or twice a week to remove dead skin cells and unclog pores. Our favorite gentle cleansing and exfoliating duo are Hudson Valley Skin Care’s Goat-To Face Cleanser and Face Scrub. These gentle products have a smooth, milky consistency perfect for cleansing and exfoliating your skin without damaging it.
- Use a toner: After cleansing, use a toner to balance the pH of your skin and prep it for the rest of your skincare routine. Opt for a toner with ingredients like aloe vera or rose water, which are gentle and soothing on the skin.
- Hydrate your skin: Hydration is key to achieving glass skin. Use a hydrating serum or facial oil, and follow it up with a moisturizer to keep your skin nourished and plump. Remember to drink plenty of water throughout the day to keep your skin hydrated from within.
- Protect your skin from the sun: Sun damage can ruin your chances of achieving glass skin. Always use a sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher to protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
- Incorporate facial massages: Facial massages help improve blood circulation and boost collagen production, leading to firmer and radiant skin. Use a jade roller or a gua sha tool to massage your face in an upward motion, starting from your neck and moving upwards.
- Avoid excessive exfoliation: While exfoliation is important, overdoing it can strip your skin of its natural oils and lead to irritation and breakouts. Stick to exfoliating once or twice a week and use a gentle exfoliator to avoid damaging your skin.
- Get enough sleep: Getting enough sleep is crucial for achieving glass skin. Sleep helps repair and regenerate your skin, giving it a healthy and radiant glow. Aim for at least seven to eight hours of sleep each night.
By following these tips and incorporating them into your skincare routine, you can achieve the coveted glass skin look. Remember to be consistent and patient, as skincare results do not happen overnight. With time and dedication, you can achieve glowing, radiant skin that looks like glass.